Join our Patient Participation Group
Our main aim is to promote the wellbeing of our patients and provide high-quality care and service at all times. To do this, it is essential that we listen to you and do all we can to meet your needs.
That is why we have created a Patient Participation Group, which is open to everyone registered with us. It is your opportunity to influence and achieve real change through working with others to ensure what we provide is what you want and need.
Non-urgent advice: The group:
Ensures real, open communication between patients and the practice
Discusses patients’ needs during the development of practice systems
Supports the practice to achieve its health promotion targets
Reviews and, where appropriate, provides advice and recommendations on the practice patient surveys
Ensures the needs and interests of all patient groups are considered, including those with specific conditions, those with a disability, ethnic minorities and migrant workers
To find out more, contact the practice on 01253 956282.
Becoming Involved Delivers Practical Improvements
Patient participation groups, working with GP practice staff and patients, help to improve the patient experience for all. Examples of some of the improvements made by GP practices in partnership with their PPGs include:
- Improvements to patient waiting areas
- Provision of up-to-date information on display and notice boards
- Better communication between reception staff and patients
- Improved access through the installation of a new telephone system
- Longer opening hours
- Online appointment booking
- Online prescription ordering service
- Appointment reminders to reduce the number of non-attendances
- Improved access and facilities for patients with a disability
- Improved patient privacy at reception
These are just some examples of the work of practices and PPGs from across our member practices. To find out more, ask at the surgery for further details.